Monday, September 5, 2011

Coming back

"The darkest destiny"
Javier Charro's sketch for S&S

I've spent a lot of time deciding if this was the right place for this post. There is no better place. This is its place, although this post is different from the rest of them composing this blog. However, it's the story blog and I'm responsible of it, so it cannot be just a place for cold news of this project, because it not so.
Those who know about the text are agree in something surprising for me: its soul. It's a concept that is beyond narrative skills, characters or plots. It's something that soak through the skin, me the first. Those who have heard of me -as a writer and person- know that this text feed from my experiences. This is something not only of my own, but my own nature makes these experiences transfer to the story and influence it in an special way.
This is a clear mirror from my own soul. It's a translator of my own heartbeats. It's a reply sometimes so close to my experience. It changes with me. It grows up. It dreams. It germinates.
Many people have influenced this text in a deep way, but, perhaps no one have never done as the person who has decided to abandon this ship in this precise moment. September has shown itself changing deeply the foundations of many things that this story and I needed. September spits crumbling a perfect puzzle. Emotionally, It takes me to tracks I didn't want to tread. It obliged me to reorder myself and it will change me to the bones.
The person who leaves has no replacement. Nobody has ever connecter with this story to that level, to the most intimate fold that this story is made of. Nobody has ever notice the true essence of its characters and stories till the point they chose her to finish their definitions, to complete them. They have seen through her eyes, they have wore her skin. Her vision has touched us in that way that her legacy is deep and endless. She came making everything a mess. Putting her intensity in each sentence, each small aspect. Taking deep roots, transforming, enriching every nuance and shadow. Defining it, staying forever in this lines, giving me the best moments, the most powerful inspiration. There is such a great debt that it cannot be repaired. Her empty is deep and dolorous for some of this characters. We miss her so much.
However, her mark remains so that it's impossible this story doesn't keep the beauty of her passing, her own way of understanding it, of making it big, even over me. She still remains to the point of motivating concrete actions. Taking refuge in my work is the comfort to overtake September. I've been these years so busy trying to announce and spread the work already done that I'd forgotten that this story needed to be concluded. The fourth volume has been waiting for me to find motivation and time to cover it during two promotion years. Motivation and time didn't arrive and I know now why. This story was waiting for her. It needed her twister passing, her colours, her eyelids... That intensity seen through her eyes, her non-stop strength that she has given to this story.
She is moving away before time and she is leaving with no return, giving me the necessary strength to wrap up with her cloths what still remains to be narrated. She is moving away leaving stronger characters, more intense and more alive they've ever been.
Today I've taken back the writing of the 4th volume of the Saga with a rare sharpness and strength. We need our story to stays in these pages that are been forged again. Today, the last secret has been revealed to me, a matter that I didn't have too clear how to solve it. The end. Specially the well deserved end to one of the most intense characters of this Saga. How can I be fair with Allwënn? What kind of end is worthy of a character so crude, deep, so intense like him, the one who I owe so much and who owes me so much? A character of his power. An heroic death worthy of him? A deep and profound death, noble as his heart? May be a redemption? And if so, what kind of redemption was worthy of someone like him? What kind of redemption was fair for him?
A good thing to be a writer is that you can alter a bit the reality of your worlds. Making what life sadly doesn't allow you to do: choosing the ends. This has been also her last gift before going out: chose the perfect end for Allwënn. Giving me the keys to be completely fair with him.
So, her stay in this ship is sealed. Her magic stayed in this story, one more story for the world but something much deeper for me that nobody will never understand. Therefore, although she moves away, she stays. Therefore, she becomes eternal.
That is her last farewell gift.
Thanks for believing in magic with me.
Thanks for helping me to create it.



XV. THE DARKEST DESTINY

            The powerful Wind Rider was almost nothing now. She looked like a feared and fragile girl who was vanishing and breaking between his fingers.
            "I've seen our the future, Alwënn… I hasn't been a dream. I've seen the pain you are going to feel because of me. So a great pain I won't be able to avoid. In an instant, horrible and cruel, I've felt every of your years alone."
            A lump was made in his throat, an odd cold sweat, the heat of a distressing certainty. Allwënn was paralyzed.
            "Loneliness…? My loneliness?" 
            "I've seen the future, Allwënn. I won't be with you."
            There were something in those words. A cruel foretelling, a silent and macabre nightmare. Every terror in the world trespassed his chest.
            "That's not going to happen." The half-blood assured her rebuilding his courage. "I won't permit that to happen. I won't, while I still have a drop of blood in my body. I won't, while this heart still has a heartbeat."
            "I fear that nor me neither you will be able to avoid it." She confessed with and incredible sadness. Their eyes were teardrops springs. "Nobody will be able to avoid it." 
            Allwënn embraced her hard and caressed the black oasis of her hair while he was clenching his teeth with rage.
            "Don't be afraid, Arÿnhe. I will challenge that future you have seen to death. If the Gods themselves want to move you away from me, they will have to pass over my dead body."
            There was a small lapse of silence, cold as a crypt breath.
            "May be they'll do it"



The Darkest Destiny
Allwënn: Soul&Sword Fragment: 

No comments:

Post a Comment