Sunday, April 24, 2011

Confessions from the stars. The secret voice of Äriel.

(A dragon on his back-fragment-Ariel. Javier Charro original illustration. Copyrights reserved )


Characters choose. As stories do, characters choose who is going to put their voices. Ariel did not choose me. I'm not jealous, however. She is the absent character in Jade Flower. Despite its relevance, in spite of the importance of her presence or absence, the not narrated character, the elusive one, the ghost character. She whispered me enough so that I could include her in the world, so that I could mention her, but she refused me their deepest secrets. Not everything. She told enough for me to notice who really knew the trully rest of her story. She whispered a name and I didn't believe her. 
Today I come to show you the last window of the kaleidoscope that turns around this Saga and the projects we have decided to start through it. I present you "Confessions of the Stars." 
I am NOT the last author of the words that will be translated into that corner and I know many of you will frown if I tell you that  the one who makes it is Ariel herself, in her own handwriting, her own voice. I know you will not believe me if I tell you that there is a secret history between Allwënn and she, a story that may be at some point part of a  tale that deserves a place in the actual formula for this series. Maybe... but it is so eager to come to light, she is so eager to narrate it, here and now. I'm not the one to stop her. I do not want to stop her. I can not do it. Today I know that she exists, her memories survive, the story of that love that was kept alive over time, tears, even lifes... is still there. 
The facts you are going to know are real, more real than anyone can imagine. Allwënn and Ariel are alive. She remembers and wants to confess the love story that sealed their fate. Everything is true, and although I do not sign it of my own, you have a certainty beyond any doubt. How often can you say that you have known a love story directly from one of its characters. She is not a character. You will be sure if you pay attention and close your eyes. Ariel is naked before you. Ariel confesses how, when and why.
Ariel decides to live again every step, every secret, every moment that made this impossible love story the most beautiful and touching one this little writer can ever tell.
A secret Jade Flower fragment that only the actual Ariel could tell. Enjoy it. It is the greatest gift I can conceive.
Thanks Ariel ... for your return.


The journey begins .... here

No comments:

Post a Comment